Bourke is situated in Western New South Wales at the crossroads of the Mitchell Highway, Kamilaroi Highway and the Kidman Way. A City known for it’s large wool , cotton & citrus production. There are somany things to see here including the The Bourke Weir, Afghan Mosque/Cemetary, and the Cobb & Co heritage trail.
Bourke Population is around 2,145
Fruit Picking Work in Bourke
1. January to May is for Melons
2. April to May is for Cotton picking, cotton ginning
3. May to June is for Vine pruning
4. May to September is for Citrus
5. November to January is for Grapes
6. December to February is for Citrus thinning
Bourke has an excellent selection of budget accomodation, including caravan parks, hotels, motels and local B&Bs.